After the successful completion of our first monthly Facebook photo contest, we’ve decided to continue things into Month 2! Same song, different verse: this month, the theme is “Holidays.” Lights, decorations, food, tropical island vacations, ugly sweaters—whatever the holidays mean to you. As always, we’re keeping it pretty vague and open to interpretation. Submit your photo by sharing it on our Facebook page. The winner will receive a $50 Pro Photo Supply gift card, in addition to exposure on this here news blog in the form of a brief interview on yourself and your work. The official rules are below.
- -One photo per entrant, per month. (You are welcome to enter every single month if you would like.)
- -The photo must adhere to the theme. (If the theme is “wildlife” and you post a photo of yourself dancing on a table at a party, we will admire your pun, but your photo will be removed from the pool. Feel free to enter again with an appropriate photo.)
- -Content restrictions. Please note that our Facebook page is viewable by the general public, and therefore it is very important that no photo contain offensive material. This includes, but is not limited to, nudity and violence. I know, I know—artists who play by the rules never make history, but we want this to be a lighthearted, fun contest, open to all. So please use your best judgement, and if you think an image has even a slight chance of being offensive, don’t submit it.
- -The winner will be chosen no more than 30 days after the closing of the contest.
- -$50 gift card has no cash value. Must be redeemed in Pro Photo Supply.
- -Interview is optional, but we highly encourage you to do it if you win. It’s our way of making sure everyone gets something out of the contest, even if they don’t win. A little knowledge can go a long way.
- -Employees of Pro Photo Supply and their family members are not allowed to enter.
- -That’s it! Although, we may have to update these rules in the future depending on how things go.