Submit your favorite nature and scenic images taken at the Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge!
All Entrants receive a 1-year family membership in the Columbia Gorge Refuge Stewards.
- 1st Place: GoPro Hero
- 2nd Place: $75 Gift Card for Pro Photo Supply
- 3rd Place: $50 Gift Card for Pro Photo Supply
- 9 Honorable Mentions: $25 Gift Card for Pro Photo Supply
- All Entrants: 1-year family membership in the Columbia Gorge Refuge Stewards.
Columbia Gorge Refuge Stewards and Pro Photo Supply
Contest Image Photo Credit: 2015 Honorable Mention Dehlia Shaw
- Contest is open to any youth, 12 to 18 years of age.
- Digital uploads only.
- All youths entering the contest must supply a valid telephone number, email address, and the name of the school they attend.
- All photos must be submitted in JPEG format.
- A photographer may submit up to 5 images.
- Photos must have been taken within the boundaries of Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge in public accessible areas, and must be of subjects within the boundaries of SLNWR. Wildlife must not be disturbed.
- Any refuge scene whether wildlife, plants, or scenic landscape is eligible.
- Photographs will be accepted only from the original photographer who must be 12 to 18 years old and the sole author/owner of the copyright for photos submitted.
- Color and/or black & white images are allowed.
- Limited image modifications such as cropping and adjustment of contrast or light levels are allowed: Watermarks, Signatures, or Copyright Notices on the image must be removed prior to submission.
- Elements or objects not in original scene must not be added.
- Add-on lenses, filters, and scopes are permitted without restriction.
- Entries must be submitted by May 1, 2016.
- Employees or contractors of Pro Photo Supply, participating sponsors, presenters and those living full-time in the same household are not eligible.
Terms and Conditions
- Winners will be eligible for one prize only.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes consent for Pro Photo Supply, Columbia Gorge Refuge Stewards and the Fish & Wildlife Service to use winners’ names and images for editorial, advertising, promotional literature, publicity, fund raising and web site purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited.
- IMPORTANT: Prize winners will be contacted by Pro Photo Supply by email. All photos submitted MUST have a current contact email and telephone number. It is the responsibility for the winner to reply by email or telephone to Pro Photo Supply that they have received notification of their winning image. If selected winner or a representative does not reply in an appropriate time period, then the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. Winners must supply a version of the winning photo in a 300 dpi .JPG format no smaller than 8 inches in the shortest dimension (2400 pixels) within one week of notification (for example 8×10 inches or 2400×3000 pixels). This file size is supported by nearly all of today’s digital cameras.