Sigma 16-28mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
With its excellent field curvature correction, the 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary is able to achieve exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness, which is essential for most wide-angle applications. It boasts five FLD elements and four aspherical lens elements to ensure optimal image quality with minimal aberrations. The lens has an inner zoom mechanism that keeps overall length consistent throughout the entire zoom range, helping it feel balanced in the hand. The inner zoom also means the lens' center of gravity stays fairly constant, so it's perfect for gimbal use. A front filter thread allows filters to be attached more easily.
The lens boasts an exceptionally compact form-factor, weighing in at just 450g and measuring just 100.6mm in length*, which makes it a highly practical optic that is portable enough for everyday shooting. It's especially appealing for landscape, wedding and travel photographers who need to carry their kit for long periods. *size and weight measurements given for L-Mount version
Lightweight, versatile and extremely capable, SIGMA's 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary offers photographers effortless freedom at the ultra-wide end.
- Uncompromising optical performance within a compact body
- Convenient form-factor allowing more freedom and usability
- Exceptional build quality with intuitive ergonomics
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups, with 5 FLD and 4 aspherical lens elements
- Inner zoom
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping Motor
- Compatible with front filter (72mm)
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction
- Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections and auto correction functionality may vary depending on the camera model.
- On cameras where lens aberration correction is controlled with "ON" or "OFF" in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to "ON" (AUTO).
- Support for DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Focus Mode switch
- Petal-type lens hood (LH756-01)
- Mount with dust and splash-resistant structure
- Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring settings (L-Mount only)
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately; L-Mount only)•Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship
- Every single lens is evaluated with SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system
The figures below are for L-Mount:
Lens Construction: 11 groups, 16 elements (5 FLD, 4 aspherical elements)
Angle of view: 107.0° - 75.4°
Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimum aperture: F22 Minimum focusing distance: 25cm / 9.9 in.
Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.6
Filter size: 72mm
Dimensions (Max. Diam. x Length): 77.2 x 100.6mm / 3.0 x 4.0 in.
Weight: 450g / 15.9 oz.