Nikon Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
The views through the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S are simply epic. Ultra-wide perspectives that challenge our sense of scale. Clarity that transports you. A level of detail you have to see to believe. All in the shortest, lightest and most versatile 14-24mm f/2.8 constant aperture zoom available. Optimized for landscapes, cityscapes, night skies, architecture, interiors and environmental portraits—this is the lens for taking it all in.
- 14-24mm ultra-wide, ultra-compact zoom with an f/2.8 constant aperture.
- Outstanding optics and resolution across the entire frame.
- Great for landscapes, cityscapes, night skies, architecture, interiors and environmental portraits.
- Weather-resistant build.
- Compatible with all Nikon Z series mirrorless cameras.
- ARNEO Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon and used in conjunction with Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghost and flare effects caused by incident light entering the lens vertically. This allows for the outstandingly clear capture of images even when a light source is located within the frame.
- Stepping Motor: NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Nano Crystal Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.