CES 2016: New Olympus 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens
Olympus’ latest PRO series telephoto is more than simply a compact way to achieve 600mm of full-frame equivalent reach. It is the company’s first lens to incorporate it’s own stabilization system, which works in tandem with the 5-axis systems of the OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 cameras. Together, the combined IS is good for 6 stops of stabilization. That’s impressive on any lens, but it’s particularly important on a super telephoto lens like this, and should make achieving sharp hand-held photos no problem at all. Olympus also claims it is the sharpest Micro Four Thirds lens they have ever made. With a price of $2499, it’s not cheap—but it’s far less expensive than an equivalent 600mm lens for full-frame systems. Check out the full specs below.
- World’s most compact, lightweight 300mm (600mm equivalent) f4.0 super-telephoto lens make super-telephoto hand-held photography possible.
- World’s most powerful 6-steps of compensation synchronized in-lens and in-body I.S.
- 600mm Short-Distance Photography – Closest focusing distance of 1.4m
- Maximum image magnification of 0.48x (35mm equiv.) telemacro photography
- Splash, Dust and Freezeproof Design
- Manual Focus Clutch & Lfn button to instantly switch shooting styles
- Body IS & Lens IS combined to maximize image stabilization (when used with
E-M1 or E-M5 Mark II)
- 3 Super ED Lenses suppress color bleeding and chromatic aberrations
- High-precision, large-diameter thin GKL lenses for fast autofocus
- ZERO & New Nano Coating Z significantly reduces ghosts and flares
- Fast AF speed of 300 ms or less with OM-D E-M1
- Combined with MC-14 Teleconverter maximum Micro Four Thirds focal length of 840mm (35mm equivalent) is achieved.
- OM-D Silent Shutter and 300mm f4.0 PRO Lens allows for discreet telephoto shooting
- Ships with Decoration Ring DR-79 (Item #V333790BW000), Lens Case LSC-1127 (Item #V602035BW000), Lens Cap LC-77B (V325770BBW000), Rear Lens Cap LR-2 (260056), Hood, Tripod Mount, Manual & Warranty