September 3rd, 2018
Submit your favorite nature images taken within the boundaries of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge to the 12th Annual 2018 photography competition!
Submit by: September 3, 2018
ADULT CATEGORY PRIZES:
1st Place in each category: $200 Pro Photo Supply Gift Card
2nd Place in each category: $100 Pro Photo Supply Gift Card
• Birds – Birds and water fowl in their natural habitat.
• Wildlife – Any wildlife other than birds – mammals, amphibians, fish, insects, reptiles, and invertebrates in their natural habitat.
• Plant Life – Trees, grasses, flowers, fungi, mushrooms, and other flora in their natural habitat
• Landscape & Structures – The refuge contains a mosaic of scenic views, including iconic structures such as the Cathlapotle Plankhouse.
Gift Cards from Pro Photo Supply
1st Place: $100 Gift Card
2nd Place: $75 Gift Card
3rd Place: $50 Gift Card
Photo credit: 2017 Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Photo Contest, 1st place winner – Douglas Beall.
Each file may not exceed 5MB in size and should be approximately
1500 x 2100 in .jpg format only.
For any technical difficulties or questions, please email [email protected].
*Best if uploaded on a computer
• All image file entries must be digital uploads only.
• Image files must be submitted in JPG format.
• Each file may not exceed 5MB in size and should be approximately 1500 x 2100 in jpg format only.
• Adult Contest is open to photographers both Professional and Amateur aged 18 or older.
• Youth Contest is open to photographers aged 10-18 and in grades 5-12 generally.
• Each contestant may submit up to six (6) digital images total.
• Image files must be submitted in JPG format by Monday, September 3, 2018 to www.ProPhotoSupply.com.
• No watermarks of any kind can be placed on the photo submissions.
• Photos must have been taken within areas of the Refuge that are open to the public during public accessible hours.
• Any refuge scene whether wildlife, plants, or scenic landscape are eligible.
• Color and/or black & white images are allowed.
• Elements or objects not in original scene should not be added.
• Limited image modifications are allowed.
• Watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices MUST be removed prior to submission.
• If submission rules are not followed, the application and images may not be judged and/or disqualified.
Eligibility, Terms and Conditions
• The Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional, amateur, and youth photographers at the time of entry. Trustees, Board Members, and Employees of Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, Friends of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and Pro Photo Supply, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
• The Youth category is open to all members of the public aged 10-18 or grades 5-12 generally at the time of submission. Youth must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. If selected as a Finalist, you may be required to provide your parent or legal guardian’s written consent to your participation, and if you fail to provide such written consent you may be disqualified.
• Photo Contest is open to all photographers 18 and older – professional, amateur (non-professional), and youth aged 10-18 and in grades 5-12 generally. Each contestant must submit in the appropriate category.
• Photographs will be accepted only from the original photographer who must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for photos submitted.
• Photographers will retain original copyrights to their photos.
• Entrants and winners grant Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, Friends of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and Pro Photo Supply permission to use their photo(s) in any publication, marketing, editorial or fundraising materials, on their web site(s) and social site(s) for promotion of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and/or the contest. All photos used will receive credit where allowed.
• Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
• Any one photographer may have just one (1) winning entry. Eight (8) overall winning entries for the refuge contest will be selected in the Adult category and three (3) winning entries for the Youth category.
• All finalist will be notified mid-September and be required to resubmit their winning image(s) in a 300 dpi JPG format, no smaller than 8×10/8×12 inches (2400 x 3000 pixels) by Monday, September 24, 2018.
• All winning entries will be announced and prizes awarded on October 6, 2018 during the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Bird Festival at the Ridgefield Community Center at 210 North Main Avenue, Ridgefield Wa., time to be determined.
• Contest winners will have their photos announced on Pro Photo Supply’s Facebook and social pages by the following week.
• Winning photos will also be posted on the Friends of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge (http://ridgefieldfriends.org/) web site and/or social sites.
• Winners agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of their name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation in relation to the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and/or contest.
• Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and Friends of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above.