Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
A contemporary take on the classic short telephoto macro lens, the Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED excels at close range with its life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 1'. Contributing to its success is an advanced optical design that includes one extra-low dispersion element, which minimizes chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are also used to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to producing sharp imagery, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to three shutter speed steps.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.