Canon EOS 5DS R Camera Body
Providing the full resolving power of its new sensor, the EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera from Canon is a variant of the 5DS with the sensor's low-pass filter rendered neutral. By cancelling the effect of the filter, the 50.6MP sensor is enabled to deliver an even higher resolution with more intricate details. The potential downside to this is that the cancellation function brings with it the greater possibility of moiré and other color artifacts. This is a camera for those interested in the utmost resolution from the sensor and the ability to control color artifacts either in-camera or with post-processing software.
This long-awaited follow-up to the vaunted 5D Mark III and brings with it new technology and a number of significant upgrades, placing it in very lofty territory for a DSLR. Featuring a full-frame 50.6MP CMOS sensor, the camera captures ultra-high resolution images suitable for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping. The Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors provide the wherewithal to handle this abundance of information, enabling fast performance speeds and top-of-the-line image quality. The 5DS R also features advanced video capability including HD 1080p capture at 30 fps and a Time Lapse movie function which takes still photos at set intervals and combines them into a full HD movie.
- 50.6MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation
- 3.2" 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- ISO 100-6400; 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- 150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag
- Anti-Flicker Compensation