Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 - Canon EF Mount Lens
Spanning a versatile and long-reaching focal length range, the Canon EF-mount SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 from Tamron is a 4x zoom covering telephoto to super telephoto perspectives. Complementing the long reach is an optimized optical design that features three low dispersion (LD) glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. eBAND and BBAR coatings have also been applied to reduce ghosting and flare when working in strong, backlit lighting conditions.
Beyond its optical attributes, the G2 version of this lens also incorporates a FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism to permit locking the zoom position at any focal length position to prevent accidental zoom extension. Conventional zoom lock is also featured to prevent barrel extension during transport. Suiting handheld shooting situations, Vibration Compensation (VC) is a 4.5-stop-effective image stabilization mechanism that helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for sharper results when working with slower shutter speeds. A ring-type Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) autofocus motor delivers notably quick and accurate focusing performance to suit working with fast-moving subjects, and full-time manual focus is also supported for fine-tuned control. Benefitting its use outdoors, the lens also features a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to guard against dirt, dust, moisture, and smudging from affecting image quality. The ergonomic and durable metal construction of the lens also incorporates textured focus and zoom rings, and a removable, rotating tripod collar with an Arca-type compatible foot is supplied to better enable shooting from tripods and monopods.
- Canon EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5 to f/40
- Three Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- eBAND, BBAR, and Fluorine Coatings
- A sealed, moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.