Fujifilm XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR Lens
Make your best-ever portraits with Fujifilm’s new XF50mm f/1.0 R WR lens. With its huge maximum aperture of f/1.0, this superfast prime lens opens up a world of beautiful shallow-focus effects and low-light creativity. Experiment with depth-of-field like never before, and make brilliant portrait, lifestyle, documentary, and still-life images in even the most challenging lighting conditions. With XF50mm f/1.0 R WR’s unique, impressive optical engineering, you can expect crystal-clear detail even at the maximum apertures and, as a weather-resistant lens, its tough, weather-sealed build quality means that when paired with one of our weather-resistant, X Series digital cameras, you can tackle your favorite subjects in dust, rain, and even freezing conditions.
- Achieve an Incredibly Shallow Depth-Of-Field: Used at or near to its maximum F1.0 aperture, XF50mm f/1.0 R WR can produce an astonishingly narrow depth-of-field. Its precision-engineered, rounded diaphragm produces large, smooth bokeh for a professional look, allowing you to create portraits with a striking simplicity and an almost three-dimensional quality. You can use this new power in selective focus to keep only the subject’s eyes in focus and make captivating close-up character studies. But it’s not just for portraits. Take this lens out onto the street or into a lifestyle session and you’ll turn cluttered locations into clean backdrops with unrivaled subject separation.
- Be Ready to Make Images in Low-Light Conditions: The very wide maximum aperture on XF50mm f/1.0 R WR means you have more options when it comes to making images in low-light conditions. At night, or in darkened interiors, XF50mm f/1.0 R WR offers the widest apertures yet seen on an XF Lens, allowing you to draw in more light. XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens also easily achieves fast shutter speeds that freeze movement and keep ISO settings lower for detail-rich results. Alternatively, combine high ISO settings with the f/1.0 aperture for incredible versatility and use in other low-light applications like astrophotography.
- Decades of Experience in Optical Engineering: Unprecedented depth-of-field is nothing without first-class optical quality to keep the subject sharp and clear. Too many ultrafast lenses can’t cope at the extremes of wider apertures, and often when used wide open can only provide images weakened by flare and a lack of sharpness. XF50mm f/1.0 R WR aces image quality with premium glass elements all the way through its exceptional light path, furthering the optical excellence of Fujifilm’s FUJINON brand and bringing it to a modern-day zenith of edge-to-edge sharpness at any aperture.
- Precise Focus for Those Critical Moments: To make the most of its super-shallow depth-of-field, focusing must be precise. For this, XF50mmF1.0 R WR uses 120º of rotation in its focusing ring to let you focus manually without error – and achieve accurate focus when using your X Series camera’s Focus Peaking and Focus Assist modes. The 120º of rotation also makes autofocus movements notably precise and deliberate, while the lens’s engineering is designed to minimize focus shift effects when making images.
- Weather-Resistant to Keep the Images Coming: XF50mm f/1.0 R WR is a lens you can use to make amazing pictures almost anywhere. Like all other weather-resistant XF Lenses, it is protected against moisture and dust, as well as being capable of use in temperatures down to 14°F (-10°C). When allied to a similarly specified, weather-resistant X Series mirrorless digital camera body, XF50mm f/1.0 R WR lets you make unique images in the toughest environments.