Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is a one-of-a-kind 58mm manual focus lens with the largest maximum aperture of any NIKKOR ever: f/0.95. Made possible by innovations of the large Z mount, Noct delivers masterful image quality and thrilling new capabilities for Z series mirrorless cameras—vast depth-of-field control and elaborate bokeh for portraiture and video, superb point-image reproduction and low-light performance for night landscapes and astrophotography—all in an immaculately constructed lens with precision feel and brilliant operability.
The fastest NIKKOR lens ever: Introducing the much anticipated flagship of the NIKKOR Z line-up, a one-of-a-kind manual focus 58mm lens with the largest aperture of any NIKKOR ever: f/0.95. Made possible by innovations of the Z mount, it achieves a new dimension of performance—vast depth-of-field control and elaborate bokeh for portraiture and video, superb point-image reproduction and low-light performance for night landscapes and astrophotography, outstanding resolving power for industrial and scientific applications—all in an immaculately constructed lens with precision feel and brilliant operability. Inspired by legacy. Built for the future. This is a masterpiece only Nikon could create.
Imagine the possibilities: Noct is a specialized lens that delivers the ultimate in fine details, sharpness, bokeh and point-light rendering.
NIKKOR quality at its absolute best: At the top of the ever-expanding NIKKOR Z lens lineup, S-Line lenses push Nikon’s tradition of optical excellence and innovation to unprecedented new heights. Superior performance and resolution. Sophisticated features and operability. Specialized technologies and reliability enhancements. All while taking full advantage of the monumental Nikon Z mount and adhering to the strictest image quality and build standards.
Hyper-Real Resolution: Noct renders fine details with such precision, such unwavering sharpness across the entire frame, stills and videos take on an almost hyper-real characteristic.
f/0.95 Aperture: Noct is designed to be shot wide open. Noct achieves outstanding resolving power from the maximum aperture by intensively compensating the various aberrations that are usually noticeable with fast lenses. Shine through low light and control depth of field like never before.
Precision Manual Focusing: Let your creativity flow through your fingertips. Compose with pinpoint accuracy using one of the finest manual focusing mechanisms ever put into a NIKKOR lens; and utilize the clarity of Z series cameras' focus peaking.
Elaborate, Dramatic Bokeh: Nikon engineers have achieved optimum continuity of bokeh with Noct. But it's not just the bokeh that's so impressive—it's the ideal smooth transition from the tack-sharp focal plane to the beautifully blurred background. Even when your subject-background distance is inadequate, Noct produces stunning depth and emphasis.
Point Light, Totally on Point: Superb point-image reproduction for night landscapes and astrophotography.
Shooting point light sources like stars and nighttime cityscapes at wide apertures usually requires post-production correction for sagittal comma—an aberration where points of light appear distorted, like birds spreading their wings. Noct intensively eliminates sagittal comma across the entire frame, so point light sources are captured as perfect points of light, even at the peripheries.
- Lens Information Panel - A built-in OLED information panel offers quick, convenient confirmation of aperture, focus distance and depth-of-field, even in dark situations. An expandable depth-of-field scale helps you determine the minimum and maximum distances at any given f/stop—excellent for maximizing hyperfocal distance for stills or video.
- Customizable Fn Button - A convenient customizable function button for streamlining your shooting experience. Preview depth of field, lock focus, magnify to confirm focus and more. The number of assignable functions has been increased to match those of the photo mode Fn1/Fn2 buttons on the camera body.
- High Precision Focus Ring - Adjust focus with extreme accuracy and natural torque, ideal for both still and movie shooting.
- Customizable Control Ring - The control ring can be used for quiet aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording or situations where complete silence is critical) or for exposure compensation.
- Premium Appointments - With an inscribed Noct logo, distinctive silver line and each exterior part finished in high quality metal the Noct is a truly superb one-of-a-kind lens.