Shimoda Explore V2 30 Backpack
The Shimoda Explore V2 30 Backpack is a mid-size travel and landscape-specific adventure pack. Built for photographers who want to venture into demanding locations but also need to travel globally just to find the trailhead. Its size meets the strictest EU and Asian carry-on regulations, so creators can ensure key photographic equipment makes it onboard.
The E30 is sized for Mirrorless and compact DSLR camera users, and the pack is stocked with numerous travel smart features ensuring your adventures go as smooth as possible. Lockable zippers, a hidden passport pocket and a luggage pass-through handle compliment the adventure-driven comfort and durability. It’s all packaged in a sleek design bound to satisfy the pickiest of creators. International Carry-On Compatible and Travel Friendly Design – Designed to be the perfect travel partner, the Explore V2 30 water-resistant camera backpack meets the strictest EU and Asian Carry-On regulations and even fits under some airplane seats. It also features a luggage handle pass-through, lockable zippers, a base handle for easy 2-handed carry, a hidden passport pocket, and a quick dual-access document/book sleeve.
- Multiple Access Points – The pack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack, and the anti-theft rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting situations.
- Adjustable Aired-Out Harness – 3 height options with approximately 7.5 cm (3 in) of vertical adjustment allows the same backpack to fit short or tall — male or female — torso heights, ensuring a custom fit for everyone. The “Aired-out” harness allows air to flow through the perforated high-density foam making our bear hug-like harness feel comfortable and cool on your torso.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System – Core Units provide shockproof protection for Mirrorless, SLR and DSLR cameras and lenses, and they ensure a user never carries more padding and weight than necessary. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack. Core Units are sold separately from the Backpack so that users can choose the size that best fits their needs.
- Tripod & Water Bottle Pockets – Quick-deploying pockets on both sides of the pack can be used to fit a water bottle, tripod or other outdoor equipment.
- 16-inch Laptop Sleeve – Rear pocket fits a laptop up to 16 inches, such as the Apple® MacBook® Pro 16.
- Built-in 100mm Filter Sleeves – Quickly accessible sleeves fit filters up to 100mm.
- Included Rain Cover – The lightweight rain cover provides an extra layer of protection in wet weather conditions, and it self-stows in its own pouch for easy storage.
- Extra Supportive Shoulder Straps with Microphone Attachment Points – Shimoda rethought shoulder strap design and created a weight distributing shape and fit to help support the load of a camera bag. Instead of the weight of the bags pulling backwards like most common camera backpack harnesses, our straps distribute weight across the chest area. Paired with our bear-hug like fit, shifting weight to the hips and front torso translates into more physical energy and mental focus to use on your photo adventure. The Explore V2 straps feature a mobile phone pocket and a second expandable pocket for larger accessories or a water bottle. Each of these pockets also has a convenient band of webbing to attach lavalier mics or products like the RODE® Wireless Go.
Removable Hip Belt – Our EVA molded belt design features a cutout shape that comfortably secures around the top of the hip bone. The belt includes a mesh sleeve to quickly stash trash, and a gear loop to temporarily hang items from. The loop is ideal for carabineers, ice axes and even small tripods. The belt is also removable for days with lighter loads, or for travel and events when you want a little less bag to pack around. Simply unfasten the belt from the rear access panel and slide it out.
- Mobile Office and Snack Bar Pockets – Each shoulder strap features a fast access pocket for commonly accessed items. The left side has an expandable sleeve that can securely accommodate snacks, water bottles, sunscreen and two-way radios, and the right side features a zippered mobile phone pocket.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant Materials – The outer shell of each pack is unique to Shimoda. It utilizes a Carbonate Ether PU formula of mixed, proprietary resins to create an extremely durable coating. The increased durability provided by the coating allows the use of lighter weight nylon without compromising strength, toughness or water repellency. Rounding out the adventure-ready exterior is our signature leather zipper pulls.
- Twelve Exterior Attachment Points – Allows you to carry various photography and mountain tools on the exterior of the pack. Users can secure numerous tripods, skis, ice axes or a snowboard with Shimoda’s optional Accessory Straps.
- Swappable Shoulder Straps – Harness straps can be swapped with other optional straps such as straps designed specifically for Women, or our Plus straps with extra cushioning.
- Versatile Front Panel Pocket – The large front panel pocket is ideal for numerous oversized items like a jacket, laptop in a padded case, or avalanche safety equipment.
- Hydration Bladder Sleeve and Routing – The front panel also features a sub-pocket and hanger loop designed to fit a hydration bladder up to 3L. It has dedicated routing to run the hose through the exterior rear panel and onto the shoulder straps.
- Free Standing Padded Base – Our base features a lightly padded panel to add more protection when placing the pack down. The shape was designed so the pack will be able to stand without any assistance. The base panel also features two ventilation holes to limit any potential condensation buildup inside the base area.
- Water-Resistant Splashguard YKK® Zippers – We use YKK SplashGuard (RCPU) zippers in critically exposed areas of the backpack. RCPU zippers help prevent rain, snow and sand from entering your bag.