FUZZY, FEATHERED AND FURRY FRIENDS PHOTO CONTEST
If you are like many pet owners, you consider your pet a star—and you have the photos to prove it!
The 25th Annual OHS Fuzzy, Furry & Feathered Friends Photo Contest is accepting entries from July 7–August 20, 2016. This year’s contest has a new format: three of the four categories will be decided by a vote of the public!
- Top Dog
- Top Cat
- Top Other Pet
- Staff Pick
Is your pet adorable? Then throw your hat into the ring and submit your photo to the 25th annual OHS Fuzzy, Furry, and Feathered Friends Photo Contest.
We get so many submissions for this contest that picking a winner is extremely difficult. That’s why, for the first time, we’re leaving the choice to pet lovers like you! Best of all, 100% of proceeds from entry fees and voting go to help the pets at OHS.
All photos submitted to the contest will appear on line, where the public can vote for their favorite pets. A $5 donation purchases five votes that can be awarded to as many (or as few) pets as desired.
People can vote as often as they like and votes will displayed on the contest web page as they come in. Vote early, vote often, and encourage friends and families to vote. The goal is to raise $15,000 to help OHS pets.
Everyone is welcome to enter a photo of their pet in the contest (the pet does not have to be adopted from OHS). Photos can be entered into one of three categories: Best Dog, Best Cat, and Best Other Pet (which includes birds, bunnies, horses and other companion animals). In addition to these three categories, OHS representatives will choose a Staff Pick winner. You can enter as many photos as you like. There is a $10 entry fee per photo.
The winning photo from one of the four categories will grace the cover of the OHS magazine. All winners and runners-ups will be featured inside the magazine (see contest rules for restrictions and more information).
The winning photographers in each category will also receive a $250 gift certificate from Pro Photo Supply and a $200 gift card from Frame Central, plus a professionally printed and framed photograph of their entry courtesy of Pro Photo Supply and Frame Central.
There is a $10 fee to enter a photo in the contest. The deadline for submitting photos is 11 pm August 20, 2016.
Voting closes at closes at 11 pm August 22, 2016.
Winners in all categories will be announced that week on the OHS website. Questions? Contact the OHS Events Department, (503) 295-7722, ext. 412, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner of each category (Top Dog, Top Cat, Top Other Pet, Staff Pick) will receive these prizes:
- $250 gift card from Pro Photo Supply
- $200 gift card from Frame Central
- A professionally printed and framed photograph of their entry courtesy of Pro Photo Supply and Frame Central
- Their photo printed in the Fall Issue of the OHS Magazine (some restrictions may apply, see contest rules), with one winning photo selected to appear on the cover of the Magazine.
In addition, qualifying runners-up in each category will also be published in the OHS magazine.
Prizes will be awarded based on fundraising totals as reflected by the numbers of votes received as of 11:00 PM PST on August 22, according to the clock that will appear on the contest web page during the final day of the contest.
Please note, the online tabulation of votes at times may have up to a 15-minute delay between when a gift is received/recorded and when it is reflected on the web page. OHS is unable to count votes or refund votes that are not listed on the web page as of 11 pm August 22. Voters are urged to cast their votes at least 15 minutes before the contest closes. Participants can check the OHS website for final results and winners during the week of August 22.
Note on Prizes: All taxes on prizes, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, are the responsibility of the winners. Please consult your tax adviser for additional information. OHS may, at its sole discretion, choose to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for or exchangeable.
- To submit a photo online, click on the Participate tab (above) and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet. Photos should be submitted in JPEG format. Multiple photos can be submitted, but only one photo can be submitted at a time.
- The entry fee for submitting a photo in the 2016 Oregon Humane Society Photo Contest is $10. All photos must be submitted online.
- Online entries must be received no later August 20, 2016, 11:00 PM PST.
- Photos of cats, dogs, horses, small mammals and birds are accepted. Your pet does not have to be adopted from OHS to be eligible to enter this contest. Photos of wildlife and reptiles are not eligible for prizes.
- All cats or dogs in your photo should be wearing tags and collars. Photos of cats or dogs without collars and ID tags may be ruled ineligible for publication in the OHS Magazine.
- All photos must be submitted by the photographer who took the photo. OHS cannot accept copyrighted photos unless the owner of the copyright agrees to the usage rights of the OHS Contest.
- If photos include pets not owned by the photographer, or people not in the photographer’s immediate family, written permission from the pet’s owner and/or the individuals photographed allowing for OHS to use their images according to the rules of this contest is required.
- Once entered, photos become the property of OHS which may, at its discretion, copy, edit, publish, or modify entries for use in any and all media, without limitation or compensation to the photographer or the individuals and pets appearing in the photo. The submitter of the photo does not relinquish rights to use the photo.
- For a winning photo to appear in the OHS Magazine, the photo must be of high resolution (at least 3000 pixels x 2000 pixels is preferred) and depict the animal in a loving, humane environment as determined by OHS.
- Employees and immediate family members of OHS, as well as employees and immediate family members of contest sponsors, are not eligible to enter.
You can win prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet’s photo. The recipient of the most votes in each category will also be eligible to have their pet featured on cover of the OHS Magazine.
Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery one and be open to voting by the general public. Votes are $1 each, with a minimum $5 donation for five votes. All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
Votes can be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, the voter can log in to their account and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
The online voting period will end August 22, 2016, 11:00 PM PST. A clock will be displayed on the contest web page during the final day of the contest. Winners will be determined based on the number of votes appearing on the website at the close of voting. Note: there may be a gap of 15 minutes from when a vote is cast to when it appears online. Voters are urged to cast their votes at least 15 minutes before the contest ends. OHS is not liable for votes not appearing on the website and cannot refund donations for votes that do not appear after the deadline has passed.
All votes are donations to OHS and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contributions.