Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
As part of the EOS R System the RF50mm F1.8 STM lens is nice and compact thanks to its RF mount so you can shoot – and get a great shot – anywhere and anytime Size isn’t all though. As a fixed focal length lens, it lets you be creative with composition and can be used for a wide range of scenes from snapshots to portraits, landscapes to low-light situations and more. Those images will stand out, too, just like you intend whether on social media, or when sharing or printing, thanks to impressive optical features like a PMo aspherical lens to suppress aberrations, Super Spectra coating to reduce flaring and ghosting, and a large f/1.8 aperture for low-light shooting and beautiful bokeh. Pick it up and use it one time and you’ll see for yourself, and you won’t be able to leave the house without it.
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50mm Focal Length Lens.
- Large F/1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur.
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos.
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes**.
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare.
- Circular 7-Blade Aperture Helps Deliver Beautiful, Soft Backgrounds.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.98 Ft. and Maximum Magnification of 0.25x.
- 12-Pin Communication System.
- Up To 7 Stops* Of Shake Correction with EOS R Series Cameras with In-Body Image Stabilizer.
*Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed at a focal length of 50mm using the EOS R5 camera.
**The Control ring can also serve as the Focusing ring.