Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
Spanning a versatile range of longer-than-normal focal lengths, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR from Nikon is a portrait to telephoto zoom offering a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, intuitive handling controls, and a sophisticated optical construction. This revised layout now includes six extra-low dispersion elements, as well as one fluorite element and one high refractive index element, to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and sharpness. Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings further benefit image quality by reducing lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements protect against dust, moisture, and smudging.
Balancing the optical attributes, the lens also features a series of robust physical and handling assets, including a four stop-effective Vibration Reduction system to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A Silent Wave Motor AF system also contributes to sharp imagery with quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance that is suitable for both stills and video applications. Four focus buttons are featured on the lens barrel for easily activating AF Lock, and full-time manual focus override is also available. Additionally, the lens also sports a weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction for working in harsh environments, and the removable, rotating tripod collar spins on ball bearings for smooth and quick shifting between vertical and horizontal shooting.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Six Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Fluorite and HRI Elements
- Four focus buttons are positioned on the lens barrel for intuitively engaging autofocus or AF Lock functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates
- Weather-sealed design and magnesium-alloy construction is able to withstand dust and moisture for working in harsh environments. Additionally, the zoom and focus rings have been switched compared to previous 70-200mm models, with the focus ring closer to the mount now for more natural handling and control.