Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera
With a 15 FPS mechanical shutter, the high-performance EOS R7 is the most advanced APS-C camera from Canon. Featuring a high speed shooting 32.5 MP sensor, in-body stabilization up to 7 stops with coordinated control IS1, and 4K60p video, it offers maximum versatility for capturing photo and video of fast action, wildlife, and everything in between. The perfect all-around camera for dedicated professionals and advanced hobbyists alike.
The EOS R7 features a newly developed and high image quality 32.5 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor. Designed for powerful and effective telephoto reach, it empowers fast continuous shooting with high speed autofocus, so you can capture moment-by-moment images with clear and impressive detail.
Whether you’re shooting speeding cars, sports, wild animals, or just life as it happens, speed is on your side. The EOS R7 lets you shoot a fast 15 fps using mechanical shutter2,3, up to 30 fps with the electronic shutter3,4, and with RAW Burst Mode with ½ second pre-shooting, you can capture the perfect moment down to the split second.
- Newly developed High Image Quality 32.5 megapixels APS-C sized CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with a native ISO range of 100-32000, expandable to 512001
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II covering approximately 100% width and height2 with up to 651 zones down to EV -5.0.
- High speed shooting 15fps mechanical3,4, 30fps high speed electronic shutter4,5 and RAW Burst Mode with 1⁄2 second
- Subject tracking inherited from the R3 with people, animal6, and vehicle detection
- 5-axis in-body Image Stabilization with auto-level technology7
- EVF approximately 2.36M dots with 100% coverage and 1.15x magnification.
- Video frame rates up to 4K 60P without a crop with the option of 4K fine (7K oversampling) 10-bit HDR PQ and Canon
- log 3 with cinema gamut color space 1080P 120P vertical video mode, record each clip over 30 minutes8
- Dual UHS II SD memory card slots.
- Enhanced ergonomic controls with quick control dial integrated multi-controller and focus mode switch9
- Dust and moisture proof polycarbonate resin structure over magnesium alloy chassis.
- 3” vari-angle touchscreen screen with 1.62 M dots and an anti-smudge coating for fingerprints.
- Multifunction shoe for accessories with a digital connection.
- 32MP, APS-C size image sensor
- AF: subject detection and subject tracking inherited from EOS R3 — vastly superior to any current “affordable” EOS model
- Up to 7.5 stops Coordinated Image Stabilization (IBIS, plus optical stabilization in RF lenses so equipped)
- Up to 15fps shooting speed, with mechanical shutter — faster than any current EOS R-series model
- 30FPS — with electronic shutter — will appeal to a sports/action type of photographer
- Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots
- Full-width 4K video recording at 60p, 30p, 24p
- High-quality, oversampled from 7K original, at 4K 30p/24p
- Superior AF speed, subject tracking
- 4K 60p (no crop); FHD 120p
- C-Log 3 available
- No 30-min video time limit
- EF & EF-S lenses are compatible via the EF-RF lens mount adapters.
- For still images.
- Only when a lens supporting 90% H x 100% W focusing area is attached and the camera is set to Whole-area AF, or when subjects are detected with AF area modes other than Whole-area AF. May not be possible to move AF points to the edge of the focusing area under some scene and subject conditions.
- Continuous shooting speed may be slower due to factors such as anti-flicker shooting, aperture value, or battery life.
- Not available when Dual Pixel RAW is enabled
- Only when using lenses supporting up to 30 shots/sec
- Effectiveness varies depending on the subject. In some cases, dogs, cats or birds may not be detected, while some animals other than dogs, cats or birds may be detected.
- Not available when using electronic 1st curtain shutter mode
- Video may stop due to battery level, card capacity, or temperature.
- Manual focusing is also possible with the focus mode switch to [AF] depending on the settings of lens electronic MF and electronic full time MF.