Canon RF 1200mm f/8 L IS USM Lens
The Canon RF 1200mm f/8 L IS USM Lens super-telephoto, fixed focal length lens is the longest telephoto lens among Canon's EOS R System lineup**, making it a terrific choice for any long-distance application such as outdoor sports, wildlife, news photojournalism, and more where you want to create super-tele impact. Two large-diameter Fluorite elements, one Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and one UD-glass element, and Air Sphere Coating combine for superb optical performance. The 1200mm focal length naturally provides incredibly soft backgrounds. Its compatibility with both RF1.4x and RF2x Extenders increases your effective focal length to a staggering 1680mm and 2400mm. Finally, it's image stabilized, providing up to 4 stops of optical correction for camera shake. At 7.4 lbs., the RF1200mm F8 L IS USM is surprisingly lightweight, giving it incredible handling ease along with its powerful super-telephoto capabilities.
Optimized magnification optics increase the focal length while retaining nearly the same light weight, portability and high levels of image quality achieved in the RF600mm F4 L IS USM lens. A combination of two large-diameter Fluorite elements, one Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and one UD-glass element provides outstanding sharpness and contrast, even at maximum aperture. A UD lens element positioned in the rear section of the lens provides excellent correction of the increased chromatic aberration generated by the magnification optics. This results in tack-sharp images with minimal color fringing in any shooting condition.
- Impressively Light at 7.4 lbs., While Retaining High Levels of Image Quality
- Minimum Focusing Distance of Approx. 14.1 ft. / 4.3 m.
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 4 Stops* of Shake Correction
- Super Spectra Coating (SSC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Helps Minimize Ghosting and Flare
- Compatible with Canon RF1.4x and RF2x Extenders
- Customizable Electronic Focus Ring, with Manual Focus Capability during SERVO AF
- Two Focus Presets Available - Instantly Return to One or Two Memorized Focus Distances
- 9-blade Circular Aperture for Beautiful, Soft Backgrounds
- Durable L-series Construction with Dust- and Water-resistant Design, Fluorine Coating on Front Element for Easy Cleaning