Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM Lens
The RF 24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM wide-angle, fixed focal length lens affordably expands your options with the EOS R System. Great for still photography and videography, the FL24 can provide drama in your still images, and has a wide field of view for vlogging, while still maintaining a natural look. The bright f/1.8 aperture also does wonders for your images. Not only can you achieve beautiful, soft backgrounds, but you can shoot in more “available light” situations than you could with a slower lens. The RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM also comes with built-in Optical Image Stabilization to further enhance your low-light shooting abilities by providing up to 5.5 stops* of shake correction, and up to 6.5 stops with coordinated IS. The RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM is surprisingly light and compact while still providing a very solid feel. Another unexpected feature of this lens is its close-focusing capability. It can focus continuously down to half life-size magnification making this prime lens even more versatile. No matter what you end up doing with this lens, you will be rewarded with high-quality images that can take photography to the next level.
- Wide-angle, fixed focal length lens that affordably expands the EOS R system.
- Fast F1.8 maximum aperture for great control over depth of field and bokeh, low-light shooting and video recording, with fast and reliable autofocus.
- Excellent image quality: highlights include a UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element, one aspheric element, and Canon SSC (Super Spectra Coating) to minimize ghosting and flare.
- Minimum focus distance of approx. 5.5 In./0.14 m; close-up magnification 0.5x at minimum focus distance.
- Optical image stabilization — up to 5.5 stops* of shake correction. Up to 6.5 stops Coordinated IS when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS).
- Canon STM (stepping motor) focus drive is especially suited for smooth, quiet video AF operation, even in low light.
- Dedicated, programmable Control Ring, with click-stop operation.
- Impressively compact and light at only 0.6 lbs/270g.
- Circular (9 blades) aperture for beautiful, soft backgrounds.