Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5–6.3 IS STM Lens
As part of our new RF-S lens line, the RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM gives you the flexibility you desire without taking up your whole camera bag. This lens was designed with smaller APS-C sensors in mind, and when joined with a full frame EOS R camera, automatically enables the 1.6x crop mode. It offers 100% x 100% Dual Pixel CMOS AF coverage for APS-C sensors, and 80% x 80% Dual Pixel CMOS AF coverage for Full Frame sensors (in crop mode). The small size of the RF-S 18-45mm and clever lens retraction mechanism lets it fit just about anywhere, making it a great lens to bring with you on a walk or wherever the day takes you.
The lead screw-type stepping motor (STM) helps ensure smooth autofocus and quiet operation, letting you capture videos with great audio and minimal background noise so you won’t distract your subject in a quiet photo environment. Optical Image Stabilization provides up to 4 stops of correction, and up to 6 stops with Coordinated IS. This advanced image stabilization can result in sharper photos with minimal blur, even in low light situations. When you add all of this together, you get a wonderful, lightweight, and versatile lens that is designed to fit into your life.
- Compact and lightweight standard zoom lens for APS-C cameras with the RF mount; automatic APS-C sensor cropping if used on full-frame EOS R-series cameras.
- Versatile zoom range of 18-45mm.
- Excellent image quality with two Aspheric elements and Canon Super Spectra Coating.
- Optical image stabilization at up to 4 stops of shake correction.
- Up to 6 stops of shake correction when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS).
- A quiet stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth autofocusing when shooting videos.
- Lens-retraction mechanism allows the lens to be retracted by turning the zoom ring for a compact, lightweight and portable design.
- Minimum focus distance of 7.9 inches (AF mode), and allows shooting at a maximum magnification of 0.16x in AF mode, 0.26x in MF mode (at 45mm).
- Circular (7 blades) aperture for beautiful, soft backgrounds.