Fujifilm FUJINON XF 18-120mm f/4 R LM PZ WR Lens
Developed in collaboration with the engineers and experts responsible for the design of Fujifilm’s FUJINON Broadcast and Cinema Lenses, the Fujifilm FUJINON XF 18-120mm f/4 R LM PZ WR Lens brings video-centric features to a compact, weather-resistant lens that is ideal for smaller, independent crews and moviemaking enthusiasts. Its versatile, 35mm equivalent focal range of 27-183mm and 60cm (23.6in) close focusing distance make it ideally suited to a wide range of applications from documentary to narrative projects. Its internal zooming mechanism also makes it the perfect choice for gimbal stabilization devices as the lens’ physical length and center of gravity does not shift when changing focal lengths. Automated controls provide precise control over zooming speed and stepless aperture adjustments, with seamless switching between continuous AF and manual focusing giving filmmakers complete creative control over where and when to draw a viewer’s attention1.
- Tailor-made for Motion: XF18-120mmF4 R LM PZ WR is the first X Series XF lens engineered in collaboration with the design team responsible for bringing FUJINON lenses to the high-end worlds of cinema and broadcast. Compact, lightweight, and versatile, this lens is tailor-made for motion production professionals and enthusiasts alike. Inspired by its motion production roots, XF18-120 features a variable power zoom, smooth manual focus, and stepless aperture adjustments to ensure a seamless recording experience. A conventional focus ring provides manual focus control, while a new innovative zoom lever offers variable zoom speed. Two custom function buttons, meanwhile, allow for the ability to preset a constant zoom speed, focal length, or focus point. Stepless aperture adjustments underscore the engineering subtleties of XF18-120mm that provide any storyteller with absolute control over every part of their image.
- Focus on Creativity: Serious moviemakers demand full control over the creative process. And with XF18-120mmF4 R LM PZ WR, that’s possible for zoom, aperture setting, and – crucially – focusing. The lens offers seamless switching between continuous autofocus and manual focus2 during recording, so perfect results are always within reach. This advanced functionality maximizes versatility for focus transitions, allowing the user to step in and take control whenever required.
- Perfectly Balanced: Zoom lenses are rarely used with gimbal stabilization devices because changing the lens’ focal length can affect its center of gravity. This, in turn, impacts how the lens is balanced on the stabilization device. However, thanks to its compact dimensions and internal zooming mechanism, XF18-120mmF4 R LM PZ WR is an ideal solution for use with a gimbal because its physical length does not change when the zoom setting is changed. This results in a variety of creative options while having only one lens fixed to the camera.
- Made for Movement: With a zoom range equivalent to 27-183mm, a close focusing distance of 60cm (23.6in) throughout, and near-silent zoom and focusing controls, XF18-120mmF4 R LM PZ WR is perfect for a broad range of motion production applications. These extend even further when considering the lens' minimal focus breathing, stepless aperture control, and constant F4 aperture. Pull focus, make precise adjustments to iris, or change focal length without causing any noticeable distractions to the recorded footage.
- Create in All Conditions: XF18-120mmF4 R LM PZ WR will always be ready for those unexpected creative moments, thanks to its weather-resistant design and fluorine-coated front and rear elements, which are designed to repel dust and moisture from the lens surfaces, making them easy to clean. Confidently film in wet or dusty conditions, in temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F) and focus on making a new masterpiece.
*1 Referenced focus functionality requires compatible camera firmware upgrade
*2 Focus functionality requires compatible camera firmware upgrade.