Nikon NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S Lens
The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is the smallest and lightest 400mm prime lens Nikon’s ever created1, allowing photographers to travel light and move fast. Comfortably shoot handheld with unwavering accuracy. Capture the sharpness and beautiful bokeh only a prime lens can deliver. The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is just over 9 inches long and 2.5 lbs. Powerful VR and outstanding handling let you move with the speed to match your subject. Add fast, quiet autofocus and premium weather sealing, and you have every advantage for capturing decisive views of birds, wildlife, action and airplanes.
- Vibration Reduction - Achieves up to up to 6.0 stops2 of compensation, when used with the Z 9, Synchro VR combines the in-lens and in-camera VR image stabilization systems for maximum results. All other Z series cameras achieve VR up to 5.5 stops.
- Autofocus - Autofocus is powered by Nikon’s STM stepping motor, a highly efficient type of motor that moves in precise intervals at remarkable speed and in near silence, ideal for video and capturing skittish wildlife.
- Outstanding balance - Designed for on-the-go handheld shooting, the lens’ center of gravity is closer to the camera body. This makes it easier to bring the camera to your eye, acquire your subject and fluidly track it.
- Bokeh - The optical design of the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is optimized for a smooth bokeh effect that enhances the natural compression of 400mm.
- Extend the reach - Compatible with the Z series Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Teleconverter TC-2.0x for added reach.
1 Among f/4.5 and slower lenses, (at 1,160 grams, excluding tripod collar), including those with a focal length of 400mm, for interchangeable-lens cameras equipped with a
full-frame (35mm equivalent) image sensor available as of June 29, 2022.
2 Based on CIPA Standard; in NORMAL mode; this value is achieved when attached to a mirrorless camera equipped with a 35mm film size image sensor.