Panasonic LUMIX S Series 24mm f/1.8 Lens
The Panasonic LUMIX S Series 24mm f/1.8 Lens is a large-diameter wide lens compatible with all L-mount cameras for maximum versatility, yet it has a compact size and weight.It features a common size and position of control parts with the other series of F1.8 lenses, with a center of gravity that is almost the same, so it is easy to exchange lenses quickly with minimum balance adjustment when the camera is on a gimbal. Common filters can also be used thanks to the same diameter. The descriptive performance of these lenses is also consistent.
This lens is comprised of 12 lens elements in 11 groups including 3 aspherical lenses, 3ED lenses and 1UED lens. The use of three aspherical lenses realizes both high descriptive performance and beautiful bokeh, which are common advantages to the series of all F1.8 lenses. It is suitable for many different situations, from landscapes to snap shots, taking advantage of the wide angle of view. The ED lenses and the UED lens effectively suppress chromatic aberration.
The LUMIX S 24mm F1.8 is capable of smooth, silent operation to work with the camera’s high-speed, high-precision contrast AF system with the sensor drive at max.240 fps.It also excels in video recording performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which was a fatal problem of all interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography. Together with a micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure change, professional quality video can be recorded.
- A Great, Versatile Lens: 24mm-wide fixed focal length lens is a fantastic choice for everything from landscapes to snapshots, taking advantage of the wide angle of view
- F1.8 Large-Aperture Lens for Maximum Creativity: Great for portraiture, including beautiful bokeh; closest focusing distance 0.24 m/0.79 ft and max magnification 0.15x
- Excels in Video Recording: High speed AF with minimal focus breathing and smooth aperture control
- A Lightweight, Rugged Lens: Compact, portable lens is easy to carry all day in comfort; dust/splash*/freeze-resistant design withstands heavy field use under harsh conditions
- Easily Interchangeable with Other lenses: Minimal re-adjustment of the rigs along with consistent control rings and sizes across S series F1.8 lenses