Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens
The Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens covers 27mm to 75mm in the 35mm format, and has a wide aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. This makes it easy to achieve blurry backgrounds, which is ideal for shooting attractive portraits and close-ups. The bokeh is smooth and attractive so doesn't distract from the in-focus subject.
The lens's three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements coupled with the minimization of the total number of elements yields superb optical quality without excessive weight, and the use of in-camera aberration correction further eliminates optical imperfections such as distortion and vignetting. This has all been made possible by the latest optical design technology at SIGMA's only production base in Aizu, where all SIGMA lenses are built.
Sigma's first APS-C size mirrorless zoom lens has a versatile full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm, which makes it ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture and
events. It can also be used for macro-style close-up photography owing to its maximum magnification of 1:2.8*1 and minimum focusing distance of just 12.1cm. The bright F2.8 aperture makes for easier hand-held low-light shooting and
provides a shallow depth-of-field for high-impact results.
Autofocus is exceptionally fast and quiet thanks to the stepping motor, which can be particularly useful when shooting video, or fast-moving subjects such as children and animals. The lens' exceptionally small and light form factor that weighs less than 300g makes it perfect as a first interchangeable lens, as well as a sub-lens for full-frame bodies*2, as well as for various shooting situations.
- Large f/2.8 aperture and superb image quality
- Exceptionally compact and lightweight body ideal for mirrorless cameras
- Supports various shooting situations
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups, with 1 SLD and 3 aspherical elements
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Petal type lens hood (LH582-02)
- Mount with dust and splash resistant structure
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately / for L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship