Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
The Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN | Contemporary lens redefines the standard zoom for mirrorless cameras by combining outstanding optical performance, an f/2.8 constant aperture, and a lightweight and compact body. The design of the 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN | Contemporary is based on the existing 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN | Art, but with a focal range starting at 28mm, making the lens body significantly smaller and lighter while maintaining superb optical performance. It is the smallest and lightest lens in its class*. Remaining true to the Contemporary line’s core concept of maintaining an optimal balance between optical performance and lens size, this new optic delivers professional quality results in a body small enough to take on a casual outing.
In addition to prioritizing portability, Sigma's optical engineers introduced a new combination of coatings and structural elements that make this standard zoom well-equipped for use in a wide range of shooting environments. Likewise, the latest production and manufacturing techniques were employed to ensure exceptionally high build quality.
The 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN | Contemporary lens introduces another fast, high-performance, large-aperture zoom lens to Sigma's mirrorless line-up, offering a more compact alternative to the existing 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN | Art lens.
- A lightweight and compact body ― ideal for day-to-day use
- Superb build quality with exceptional attention to detail
- Internal focusing
- Focus mode switch
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 16 groups, with 2 FLD elements, 2 SLD elements and 3 aspherical elements
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Dust and splash proof structure
* As a standard zoom lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras with f/2.8 brightness throughout the zoom range (Source: SIGMA, as of February 2021)