Sony Alpha a9 III Digital Mirrorless Camera
The α9 III features the world’s first full-frame stacked 24.6 MP CMOS image sensor with a global shutter system. Unlike a rolling shutter sensor that records images sequentially from the top row of pixels to the bottom, the newly developed Exmor RS™ image sensor exposes and reads all pixels simultaneously so the camera can capture fast-moving subjects with absolutely no rolling shutter distortion. Combined with a maximum shutter speed of 1/80,000 second (1/16,000 second during continuous shooting), the α9 III is a game changer for professional photography.
The α9 III is defined by speed and accuracy, enabling it to capture decisive moments with ease. It’s capable of shooting continuous bursts at up to 120 fps with full AF/AE tracking, all without viewfinder blackout, and its highly advanced AI processing unit recognizes subjects with astonishingly high precision and reliability.
At 1/80,000 second, the maximum shutter speed of the α9 III makes it easy to capture fast-moving subjects in almost any situation. What's more, a compatible flash unit from Sony (such as the HVL-F60RM2 or HVL-F46RM) can synchronize at all shutter speeds, eliminating the steep, nonlinear drop-off in illumination that occurs with high-speed sync (HSS) and ensuring even illumination across the image.
- Unprecedented imagery from the world’s first camera with global shutter full-frame image sensor
- Preserve split-second moments with maximum shutter speed of 1/80,000 second
- Composite RAW Shooting reduces noise
- Advanced optical 5-axis image stabilization detects and correct camera shake
- Blackout-free shooting for uninterrupted view during fast-paced shooting
- Real-time Recognition AF identifies and tracks subjects even if face/eye obscured
- Reliable recognition of a wider range of subjects
- Wide, fast, precise autofocus and tracking
- UVC/UAC support for high-quality webcam applications
- USB PD (Power Delivery) supports fast charging