Sony E 15mm f/1.4 G Lens
With stunning G Lens rendering and expressive F1.4 bokeh, this 15 mm (35mm full-frame eq: 22.5 mm1) wide-angle prime lens for APS-C and Super35 cameras can deliver dynamic perspectives and expression. Whether you’re shooting stills or movies, superb operability and AF performance combine with compact, lightweight mobility and multi-faceted versatility.
An innovative optical design that includes three aspherical elements corrects field curvature and aberration for outstanding resolution through the lens’s wide 15 mm field of view, even at full F1.4 aperture. One ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass element and one Super ED glass element further suppress chromatic aberration and effectively reduce peripheral color fringing.
This lens’s large F1.4 aperture makes it possible to produce beautiful bokeh that is enhanced by precisely controlled spherical aberration and a 7-blade circular aperture. Minimum focus distance of just 6.7” (0.17 m) and 0.15x maximum magnification2 let you get close to the subject while producing deep background bokeh. Impressive close-up capability is an advantage for movies as well as stills.
1 With interchangeable-lens digital camera incorporating APS-C type image sensors
2 When using Manual focus – when using autofocus, 0.5 ft (0.15 m) minimum focus and 0.13x magnification
- Spectacular rendering and bokeh in a wide-angle F1.4 G Lens
- Eye-opening G Lens resolution and contrast from full aperture
- Breathtaking, naturally rendered bokeh at wide F1.4 aperture
- Compact and lightweight for extraordinary shooting freedom
- Advanced autofocus maximizes the camera’s speed potential
- Manual aperture ring w/ selectable on/off click for stills or movie