Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Compact Lens
With an unprecedented ultra-wide 20 mm to mid- telephoto 70 mm zoom range, this versatile Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Compact Lens is an excellent choice for a wide range of movie and still subjects. The ultra-wide 20 mm end of the zoom range maintains a wide angle of view when shooting movies with a 16:9 or 2.35:1 aspect ratio that reduces field of view.
With two AA (advanced aspherical) elements, one aspherical element, three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements, and one ED aspherical element, this state-of-the-art lens design corrects both chromatic and spherical aberration for high optical performance right out to the image edges, from ultra-wide 20 mm to 70 mm.
Two XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors achieve fast, quiet, smooth focus drive with up to 60% higher AF speed and up to two times better performance while tracking for reliable, precise tracking 2 . Moving subjects are reliably tracked when shooting continuous stills at up to 30 fps 3, or up to 4K 120p with alpha compatible cameras.
This compact, lightweight lens combines state-of-the-art optical design with Sony’s high-thrust XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motor technology. Used with a compact mirrorless camera, it can deliver superb image quality in any situation at focal lengths from ultra-wide to short telephoto. A great choice for shooting with a highly mobile and lightweight setup.
- Outstanding G Lens image quality with high resolution at all focal lengths
- Peak performance AF with two XD Linear Motors for precise, fast, quiet focus drive
- Refined movie imagery for minimized focus breathing and focus/axial shift while zooming
- Compact, lightweight design for superb image quality and versatility in any situation
- Excellent close-up performance of 9.8” (25cm) throughout the zoom range (manual focus)
- Constant F4 maximum aperture throughout zoom range for greater flexibility
- Dedicated aperture ring, click/de-click and iris lock switches
- Customizable focus hold buttons in two locations for easy access and control
- ED glass lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Front 72mm threaded for screw-on filters