Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II Lens
The full force of Sony’s latest lens technology brings stunning G Master resolution and exquisite bokeh together in the world’s lightest Full Frame F2.8 constant aperture Standard Zoom lens. With significantly evolved AF performance, the FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM OSS II can deliver the full potential of today’s advanced still and movie cameras.
Excellent contrast at high spatial frequencies means superb resolution even at F2.8. Two high-precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements, two ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements, and a floating focus mechanism control aberration, realize sharp, clear images at all zoom and aperture settings.
This lens is the smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class. It weighs just 24.6 oz (695 g), over 20% less than the previous model. It is 16 mm shorter, and overall volume has been reduced by approximately 18%. Excellent mobility makes it a great choice for professional or enthusiast still or movie use in a wide range of situations.
- Superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range at all focusing distances
- Smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class2 - 24.6 oz (695 g)
- Beautiful F2.8 bokeh throughout the zoom range from advanced optics & 11-blade aperture
- Four XD Linear Motors and floating focus achieve fast, precise, quiet AF and excellent response
- Minimum focusing distance is just 8.3” at 24mm and 11.8” at 70 mm, 0.32 max magnification
- Nano AR coating II effectively suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Advanced design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming
- Aperture ring, click/de-click switch and iris lock for professional aperture control
- Two customizable focus hold buttons, zoom smoothness switch
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability5