Sony FE 300mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
The SEL300F28GM is the lightest large-aperture telephoto prime lens in its class, delivering outstanding optical performance and rendering plus astonishingly fast, precise AF in a versatile lens that weighs just 51.9 oz. (1470 grams). The lens has been designed so that its weight is not concentrated near the front, for ideal balance. This can minimize stress and fatigue during long handheld shooting sessions.
An innovative optical design that includes three Super ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements and one ED glass element effectively subdues axial and lateral chromatic aberration. Outstanding resolution and contrast are maintained right out to the image edges, which also allows for more flexible cropping and editing.
The gorgeous and creamy bokeh allows the use of narrow depth of field to make subjects stand out from the background. In addition to Super ED (extra-low dispersion) and ED elements in a new optical design, each lens is individually calibrated during manufacture to optimize bokeh quality. An 11-blade circular aperture mechanism contributes to smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Lightweight and ideally balanced telephoto 300mm f/2.8
- Extraordinary resolution and bokeh to emphasize the subject
- Fast, precise, quiet AF brings out the full potential of advanced cameras
- The lightest in its class and ideally balanced for precise, agile handling
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Function ring provides direct access to power focus or frame size selection
- Full-time Direct Manual Focus (DMF) to access MF while in autofocus mode
- Precise, repeatable and linear response manual focus ring
- Four customizable focus hold buttons and focus range limiter switch
- Support for rear-mounted drop-in filters
- High AF tracking performance with 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Front fluorine coating repels fingerprints, dust, water and oil