Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens
The full force of Sony’s latest lens technology brings stunning G Master resolution and exquisite bokeh together in the world’s lightest1 large-aperture telephoto zoom lens. With significantly evolved AF performance, the Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens can deliver the full potential of today’s advanced still and movie camera bodies.
The FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II delivers superb Image quality throughout the zoom range at all focusing distances with two aspherical elements and one XA (extreme aspherical) element to ensure high resolution throughout the image area. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements and one ED aspherical element to minimize chromatic aberration while Sony’s Nano AR (anti-reflective) Coating II subdues flare and ghosting. For additional reach, high-performance 1.4x and 2x teleconverters are available (sold separately).
Beautiful G Master bokeh is achieved through advanced optical design, an F2.8 aperture, and a new 11-blade circular aperture unit. An XA element manufactured to 0.01-micron surface precision suppresses onion ring bokeh and the new aperture unit helps to deliver natural circular bokeh. Close-up bokeh is superb too, with a minimum focusing distance of just 1.32 ft (0.4 meters) at 70mm and 2.69 ft (0.82 meters) at 200mm.
- World’s lightest1 large-aperture 70-200mm F2.8 telephoto zoom lens
- F2.8 constant aperture for extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution from XA (Extreme Aspheric) and Aspheric lens elements
- Suppressed chromatic aberration from Super ED and ED elements
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Four XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Beautiful bokeh from 11-blade circular aperture and XA lens element