Tamron 20-40mm F/2.8 Di III VXD Lens, Sony E Mount
The 20-40mm F2.8, TAMRON's latest innovation, is an unparalleled new fast-aperture standard zoom lens that can be easily carried around for everyday shooting for both still images and video. Designed for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the lens was created in aggressive pursuit of portability that is ideal for everyday use. Starting from 20mm at the ultra wide-angle end and covering up to 40mm in the standard focal range, it is the smallest and lightest in its class1. The 20-40mm F2.8 delivers beautiful images across the entire zoom range and is great for still photography and for creating vlogs and other video content. The lens incorporates TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), an AF drive system using the linear motor focus mechanism. The VXD boasts superior quietness and agile performance and achieves high-speed and high-precision autofocus. With an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of just 6.7” and maximum magnification ratio 1:3.8 at the wide end, the lens provides exceptional close-range shooting capability, offering the added feature of wide macro photography.
- Fast F2.8 aperture, compact size and exceptionally versatile 20-40mm zoom range
- Fabulous family videos, vlogs, and other online content
- High image quality in a compact, lightweight body
- TAMRON’s VXD linear motor for high-level AF speed and precision
- Wide macro shooting: MOD of 6.7” and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8 at the wide end