Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 Lens
The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 Lens is the successor of the Tarmon 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036), a popular zoom lens that has earned high evaluation worldwide. It reflects the fruits of continuous evolution and customer-focused refinement. Retaining the well-received compact size of its predecessor, the new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 incorporates a new optical construction based on a design that has been revamped to enhance imaging performance and its features are compatible with the latest model digital cameras that offer increased resolution. The AF drive, TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, is adopted to deliver higher autofocus speed with greater precision. With the MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 7.1” at the wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7, the lens boasts advanced close-up shooting performance. Additionally, it features a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic texture.
Tamron pioneered the category of compact fast-aperture standard zoom lenses for mirrorless cameras and the new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 truly is a next-generation lens for everyday use.
Proprietary software tool TAMRON Lens Utility™ for lens function customization
This lens is compatible with the new Tamron Lens Utility software originally and uniquely developed by Tamron. Tamron Lens Utility can be operated using computer by connecting the lens from its Connector Port via the optional TAMRON Connection Cable8. Users can customize the functions and update the firmware through the lens. The personal customization gives flexible shooting options to match the shooting situation such as still photography or videography.
*Tamron Connection Cable (USB Type-A to Type-C) sold separately.
- Best image quality in standard zoom lens class
- Fast, quiet VXD linear motor for high-speed and high-precision autofocus
- MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 7.1” at wide end and maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7 for creative close-ups
- New design provides enhanced texture and greater user-friendliness
- Lightweight, compact design with emphasis on ease of use
- Compact at 4.6" long and weighing just 19 oz
- Ø67mm filter diameter for system convenience
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
- Compatible with main camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF