Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens
Do it all with the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens for full-frame E-mount cameras. Able to cover everything from wide-angle to telephoto in a single compact form factor, this lens uses a variable aperture of f/3.5-6.3 to keep size and weight to a minimum. Ensuring maximum quality throughout the range the lens incorporates one extra-low dispersion element and five aspherical elements that combat various aberrations. Also, it has a linear autofocus motor and internal focus design that provides fast, accurate, and reliable focusing. Further benefitting use is built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization that reduces the impact of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. The lens is dust and moisture resistant as well, for operation in less-than-ideal conditions. And, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- Designed to cover everything from wide-angle to telephoto perspectives, this full-frame 24-240mm E-mount lens can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide an equivalent zoom range of 36-360mm.
- A variable f/3.5-6.3 aperture helps keep lens size and weight to a minimum while still offering an outstanding 10x zoom range.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.