Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
A top pick for users looking for a lightweight all-around zoom, the FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens from Sony is a great go-to for full-frame E-mount shooters. The lens uses a variable f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture range in order to achieve light weight and compact size and incorporates one extra-low dispersion element and three aspherical elements to minimize aberrations throughout the range. Also, it has a linear motor and internal focus that enable fast, reliable autofocusing. On top of this, the lens offers built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to combat the effects of camera shake. Additionally, it is dust and moisture resistant and is equipped with a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- Designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 28-70mm covers a versatile wide-angle to telephoto range. It also works on APS-C format cameras where it provides a 42-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- An internal focus mechanism and linear motor contribute to faster, more responsive system and easier handling.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-5.6 to f/22-36
- One ED & Three Aspherical Elements
- Linear Autofocus Motor; Internal Focus