Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/1.2 ASPH Lens
The Leica Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH. lens carefully adapted in line with modern lens design marks the return of one of the most famous lenses made for the Leica M-System.The reasons for the enduring appeal of this iconic lens have been its speed, elaborately constructed aspherical lens elements, and high rendition quality with a unique aesthetic at open aperture. The original Noctilux 50 f/1.2 was produced from 1966 to 1975 at a total quantity of 1,757 units.
Its light sensitivity further contributed to the Noctilux’s legendary status and continued lineage – as did its unique aesthetic: images captured at open aperture are imbued with a soft, almost dreamlike quality – creating an unmistakable look with an exquisite bokeh. A street light in the dark, the rear lights of a car, a child’s face in candlelight, a performer in the spotlight – depicted with an authentic and natural clarity: images captured with a Noctilux are characterized by an unmistakable bokeh, and an almost impressionist aesthetic. Photographers the world over use this exceptional tool to master visual and creative challenges, and tell fascinating stories of darkness and light.
To re-issue this iconic lens, the original calculation and construction were only minimally changed, and carefully adapted to the glass types and production methods available today.
- Contemporary designed reinterpretation of one of the most mythical lenses for the Leica M-System.
- Similar optical design as the original Noctilux lens. Unique image quality with a vintage feel from the original lens.
- Even though the lens has a unique look with wide open aperture, this lens is in general a very usable lens for everyday shooting.
- The lens will come in a classically inspired transparent lens container, just like the original version.
- A special edition version in silver chrome finish in a special historically inspired packaging will be available on sales start, strictly limited to 100 units worldwide.