Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
A standard portrait-length prime, the Lumix G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is an 85mm-equivalent lens designed for the Micro Four Thirds system of mirrorless cameras. One aspherical element is incorporated within the optical design, which helps to control spherical aberrations and distortions for enhanced sharpness and accurate rendering. The f/1.7 maximum aperture is particularly beneficial for selective focus imagery, and also aids shooting in low-light conditions. Further cementing its place as a versatile tool for portraiture, the rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when making shallow depth of field photos and movies.
Complementing the optical attributes is a fast stepping AF motor and internal focus design, which provides smooth, quiet, and responsive focusing performance for intuitive handling. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) also benefits hand-held use by compensating for the effect of camera shake for sharper imagery.
- The ideal portrait lens with a beautiful bokeh background defocus effect for exceptionally creative imaging.
- Perfect for low-light, high-quality photography with a bright, maximum F1.7 aperture (minimum aperture F22).
- Built-in power optical image stabilizer minimizes hand-shake blurring by quickly compensating to produce super clear shots, even in low-lit situations.
- Fast auto-focusing drive is tailor-made to excel with all LUMIX G Series cameras.
- Lens construction consists of 10 elements in 8 groups, 1 aspherical element