Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 Aspherical POWER O.I.S. Lens
A flexible optic ideal for wildlife, outdoor, and nature photography, the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is a 100-400mm equivalent zoom designed in collaboration with Leica for Micro Four Thirds cameras. The long reach is complemented by a bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range, which benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords control over depth of field for isolating subjects. The optical design incorporates several low dispersion elements, two aspherical elements, and an ultra-high refractive index element to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness. A Nano Surface Coating has also been applied to limit flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Benefitting both stills shooting and video recording, a 240 fps high-speed AF motor offers quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. Also, a POWER Optical Image Stabilizer will compensate for camera shake and works with Panasonic's Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 in-camera stabilization functions to minimize the appearance of camera shake. Additionally, the physical design of the lens is dust- and moisture-resistant, as well as freeze-proof, for use in inclement shooting conditions.
- [LEICA Quality] Professional, high-quality LEICA DG ELMARIT optics. (21 Elements in 15 Groups, [2 UED Elements]).
- [50-200mm] Ultra-telephoto zoom lens F2.8-4.0 (67mm lens filter threads) suitable for wildlife photography. Compatible with optional tele converters DMW-TC14 and DMW-TC20
- [Stabilized] Power Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) compensates for the hand-shake movement in combination with LUMIX cameras supporting Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 in-camera stabilization.
- [Fast focusing] Supports sensors drive at max. 240 fps sensor for high-speed autofocusing.
- [Rugged] Dust/splash-proof design and are even freeze-proof down to 14 Fahrenheit to withstand professional use under harsh conditions.