Zoom F8N Field Recorder
When developing the Zoom F8N Field Recorder, it was Zoom's mission to provide every sound professional with the tools to create something exceptional. With features such as Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters, Zoom AutoMix™, and mic/line options for both XLR and TRS inputs, the F8n is the next generation of professional field recording.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
The F8n is equipped with Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters that provide overload protection no matter what comes your way. By adding a 1 millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded. Limiting is applied to each of the 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 to 20 dB of headroom to ensure pristine audio on every take.
The F8n features a super-low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB). Mic/line levels are selectable for both XLR and TRS inputs.
Meet your new assistant sound editor, the Zoom AutoMix™. This smart software automatically adjusts the levels of your mix to reduce the amount of ambient sound, so you can focus on what really matters – capturing a well-balanced mix.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution